There is nothing like fresh air and a day on the river to help you relax and unwind. Just minutes from Columbia, you can enjoy the wilderness setting of the historic and biologically diverse Duck River. So, turn off your cell phone and take time to enjoy the natural beauty of the Duck River.
Higher Pursuits offers several guided trips throughout the summer including a Sunset Floats, Wildlife Observation Tours, Fall paddling Trips, and other guided trips on sections of the river we do not normally provide service on. Each trip is led by an experienced Lead Guide and Assistant Guide.
Watch our facebook page for new trips throughout the paddling season.
Sunset Paddle on the Duck River
See the sights and sounds of the river at sunset and into twilight
This guided trip starts just a couple of hours before sunset so that participants can view the changes on the river as the sun goes down and the moon rises. After enjoying sunset, participants will complete the paddle during twilight and early evening. Higher Pursuits will provide a lead and assistant guide for this trip as well as lights for the boats.
The Sunset Paddle starts around 5 pm but the exact start time will vary based on the sunset for that particular day. The trip typically last 4 to 5 hours depending on the paddling pace of the group.
About the Trip:
- Sign up Online or feel free to Contact Us if you have any questions
- Class Times: See arrival time for each date. Each trip will last approximately 3 to 4 hours
- Minimum Age Requirement: 12 years old and up
- Bring plenty of water
- Wear closed toe shoes that will stay on your feet
- We suggest bringing a jacket in case you get cold once the sun set
- All participants must wear their lifejacket (PFD) while on our guided trips.
- Alcohol is not allowed on guided trips.
- Maximum: 10 participants
- Minimum: 4 participants
- $65 per person (Includes kayak rental)
- $45 per person if you have your own kayak (includes boat shuttle)
2019 Sunset Paddle Dates:
- August 13
- September 9
- September 10
Additional Information about guided trips
Custom guided trips are available with a minimum of four participants and if we have a guide available. Typically custom guided trips are not available on the weekend from Memorial Day to Labor Day due to the high volume of rental customers and require at least a two weeks notice to determine with we have a guide available for your trip
- Higher Pursuits reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any trip due to inclement weather or unsafe water conditions.
- If Higher Pursuits cancels a trip you will be given an option of rescheduling for another trip or receive a full refund.
- Higher Pursuits requires that ALL PARTICIPANTS wear a personal flotation device (life jacket) at all times.
- Use of alcohol is not permitted at any time.